Reposted from the Apartment Association, California Southern Cities
AACSC RED ALERT – If you own property in Culver City, please take note:
Culver City Council Meeting
Monday, April 23, 2018, 7:00 pm
9770 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232
The Culver City Council will review a proposed short term property rental ordinance at its meeting on Monday, April 23 at 7:00 pm (Agenda, item #A-2, see link below). The proposed ordinance defines “short term” as less than 30 days. The Short Term Rentals subcommittee has made several recommendations, including the following (see link for full checklist below):
1. Owners/Managers of multi-dwelling units are not allowed to rent units for short term rentals.
2. Renters are prohibited from conducting any short term rentals.
3. No person may own more than 1 short term rental in Culver City.
4. Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) may not be rented short term.
5. Must have a host (owner occupied) present during the rental.
6. 90 day limit per year for short term rental of property.
7. Hosts must be registered annually.
8. All short term rentals must pay a Transit Oriented Tax (TOT).
9. 2 Nights minimum stay required.
If you have property in Culver City we encourage you to attend the meeting on Monday and voice your opposition to being prevented from conducting or allowing any short term rentals.
Multifamily housing owners should not be treated differently than single-family owners and at least some amount of short term rentals should be allowed for multifamily properties. Also, renters should be able to conduct short term rentals PROVIDED THAT they obtain written consent from the property owner before doing so.
AGENDA – click below link:
Culver City Short Term Rentals Policy Recommendations Checklist – click below link:
Thank you for your continued support.
Apartment Association, California Southern Cities
333 W. Broadway, Ste. 101
Long Beach, CA 90802-4438
Visit our website www.apt-assoc.com